Skip to Main Content. Please Contact Us if there is anything we can do to improve the Accessibility of this site.
  • Search:

Home / Complaints / Public Accommodations / Who can file?

Who can file?

It is against the law for an individual to be denied access or to receive poor service or lesser quality accommodations because of his or her race, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, disability, familial status or religion.

Floridians and visitors to the state may file a complaint when:

  • Not given full and equal access to the goods and services of restaurants, hotels and motels, gasoline stations, theaters and certain other public places or accommodations without discrimination or segregation.
  • Certain private clubs discriminate in how they accept or deny members (under limited circumstances).
  • When the alleged discriminatory act occurred in the last 365 days.